Where do you splurge, and where do you save? I'd love to hear your thoughts on the following:
1. A cocktail dress to wear to a wedding
2. A glass of wine at a restaurant
3. A hotel room
4. A haircut
5. Wild card ... you name it!
Here are my five:
1. Save. I think there are plenty of fun and inexpensive dresses out there!
2. Save, in general. I have no qualms ordering the cheapest glass, but if it's a few dollars more for a New Zealand sauvignon blanc, I'll go with that one. Worth it.
3. Somewhere in the middle. No skeezy roach motel for me, but I don't always need to be in the Ritz either. The idea of dropping more than $200-250 for a hotel room sort of freaks me out. I like to stay around the $120-150 range.
4. Splurge. I don't get haircuts really often, and I don't color my hair (yet), so I don't mind paying a little more for a great haircut experience. To me, this means $55-60 ... although that may not seem like a splurge to everyone.
5. My wildcard is paper towels ... splurge! I'm a big fan of Viva paper towels! (Yes, I'm aware that I sound really old getting excited about high-quality paper towels.)
I'd love to hear your thoughts on the five. Splurge or save?