My husband grew up all over the place but spent a considerable amount of time being raised in Cleveland, Ohio (Solon area, if you're familiar).
Last Wednesday, two of his best Solon buddies and their sweet families joined us at the mountain house for a fun long weekend! One still resides in the Cleveland area and the other lives in Davidson (north of Charlotte).
Everyone gets along so well and it's crazy fun watching the kids play together. Here are some photos from our trip!
* A trip to scenic Grandfather Mountain (my ticket was $18 after the AAA discount, my girls got in for free) and white-knuckle walk across the well known swinging bridge. If you visit, I highly recommend plugging the CD they give you at the gate into your car's CD player. It describes everything you will see and gives you ideas of what to do there (nature museum, animal feedings, see where Forest Gump ran in a scene from the movie).
* Matching pajamas for all of the girls (these from Gymboree, if you're looking for a great pair that comes in a large variance of sizes)
* A trip for the little ones to the Children's Playhouse in Boone with the moms (the husbands walked around downtown and the campus while everyone was tailgating for the ASU game)
* A walk around downtown Boone and letting the kids pick out a few pieces of candy from the Mast General Store (let's just say that a candy necklace rocked Camille's world)
* S'mores around the fire
* And after 8pm when kids were dreaming, adult bevvies, pool/darts, and catching up for the adults!
It was an awesome long weekend and we need to make it an annual trip.